Most people download videos so that they can watch them later because of lack of time or some other reasons. Though you can download videos from Google Chrome, there may be a chance that the source from which you are downloading might be harmful to your data.
Some sites will make videos available that you can download using your web browser. But most of the sites didn’t allow you to download videos directly. So in this case, we’ll explain to you how you can download a video from Google Chrome.
How To Download a Video From Google Chrome?
You can download a video from Google Chrome using Chrome itself by adding extensions or using online video downloaders. Just follow the below method.
1. Downloading Using Chrome Itself
Some sites allow users to download the video itself. If the video has been available to download by the website, the process is basically the same as downloading any other file, or If there is a direct link to the download
- You can just click or Right-click the link and choose “Save as”.
However, in most cases for videos,
- You’ll need to put your mouse cursor over the video and
- Click the download icon, which is an arrow pointing downwards to a horizontal line.
- If this option isn’t available, this means the website hasn’t made the video available to download.
After doing this, you will see the name of the file at the bottom of your Chrome window when the download is complete. To open it.
- Simply click on the file name, or go to the location of the file.
- Click the down arrow beside the file name.
- Choose “Show in folder.”
2. Using Chrome Extension
You may be able to download a video using a Google Chrome extension if there is no download link present on the video site. Some extensions you can use include Video Downloader PLUS, Flash Video Downloader, or Video Downloader professional to download videos from various sites through your chrome browser.
For example, for a Video Downloader professional, you go to the page that contains the video you want and click the green arrow icon beside your address bar to open the menu.
These tools are sometimes limited – for example, some don’t allow you to download videos from YouTube. But they are almost all free, so you can try a few different options and see which one works best for you.
3. Online Video Downloading Solutions
If none of the above methods are working for you and you don’t want to download a Chrome extension, there are online video downloaders that let you download a video without using a chrome extension. One example is SaveFrom.net, which explicitly functions as a YouTube video downloader but doesn’t work too well for videos from other sources. Another example like SaveTheVideo works in the same way but in a wider range of sources.
To download videos from an online downloader, just follow the below steps.
- First, navigate to the page which contains the video you want to download.
- Copy the URL by highlighting it and pressing “Ctrl” and “C”.
- Now go to the downloading website and paste the URL in the field provided.
- You then click “Download” to get your video, with some sites offering additional choices for things like file format and video quality.