Most users want to download video clips and movies from YouTube, Google, video, Veoh, or Dailymotion and convert them to portable devices such as iPhones, iPad, etc. so that they can enjoy videos anytime anywhere.
There are dozens of free video downloaders for PC, macOS, and Linux. Some are for Desktop, while others are web apps. In this article, we’ll tell you the best free video downloaders for Pc, macOS, and Linux. All of them are able to help you to grasp videos on your computer with the URLs.
Free Video Downloader for PC, macOS, and Linux
Some of the best video downloaders for PC, macOS, and Linux are given below.
1- 4k Video Downloader
This free video downloader has compatibility with downloading videos for PC, macOS, and Linux. 4k video downloader allows you to download and convert videos, playlists, channels, subtitles, and more from multiple sites. It provides a fast download, and you can store the video in the original quality even after conversion.
Some features of this video downloader are given below.
- Slideshow Maker—By using this tool, you can download videos step by step and edit them as well as make a slideshow.
- Audio Extraction—You can extract audio from the video clips.
- Multi-platform compatibility—4k video downloaders can download videos from other platforms like YouTube, Dailymotion, TikTok, Facebook, Vimeo, etc.
- Smart Mode—Activating the “Smart Mode” feature helps in faster offline step-by-step downloads and conversions.
This tool is also available in the paid version. This video downloader has main 3 separate pricing options to choose from.
- Bundle offer for all 4k video downloader products starting at just $65.
- Pro offer for only $45.
- Personalized offer for only $15
This free video downloader has compatibility with Windows 10 or later/ macOS 10.13 or later. It is fully compatible with major video hosting sites, like Dailymotion, Break, Twitch, Vimeo, and many more. Some of its features are given below.
- It can convert video to a custom format.
- It is integrated with a search feature to add video content to your follow tab.
Though VDownloader has some features, unfortunately, its speed of installation is pretty slow and merely available on macOS Mojave or later. However, If you like this best free video downloader, you can fetch their commercial version at the price of $17.99/yearly or $59/lifetime.
Freemake is a popular video downloader for free works on Mac and windows. It has compatibility with Windows 11, 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista / macOS 10.15, or later. Lots of sites are supported, like, YouTube, Facebook, Vevo, Hulu, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and VKontakte. Some of its features are given below.
- It can download the original video.
- Analyze the Video link.
- It supports downloading videos, playlists, and channels in HD, MP4, MP3, AVI, 3GP, FLV, etc.
The software has a self-explanatory UI. Any new users can easily know how to use it. Though this is easy to use, unfortunately in its free version it can download up to 50 videos. Each video can’t be longer than 3 minutes. It is unable to convert video to MP3, add the Free mark logo to your video, and fail to fetch 4k videos.
4- KeepVid(web tool)
KeepVid is one of the best online video downloaders for Pc/Mac that allows you to download all types of videos online from YouTube, Facebook, and Twitch. TV, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and many more. The downloaded videos will be saved in MP4, MP3, M4A, or WebM format. Some of its features are given below.
- It can preserve video metadata like name, song title, album, etc. in Mp3.
- It can keep subtitles in various languages.
Though this web tool has good features, unfortunately it can preserve video metadata like name, song title, album, etc. in MP3. It can’t download the playlist all at once, and no batch download. Its output definition is limited to no exceeding 1280p.